Saturday 10 August 2013

Why Give to Charity or Missions?

Over the next few weeks I want to talk about the act of giving and why I believe giving to charity or missions is a good thing for a healthy and balanced lifestyle and for personal growth. Hopefully as you follow my blogs you’ll be inspired to get involved in some form of giving whether it’s of your time, talents or assets. Find a cause that appeals to you and enjoy helping it move forward. The more people are involved in goodwill we make the world a better place.

So You’re Not Super Rich or Superman
Something to bear in mind right from the start is that your benevolence doesn't have to be big to enrich you or benefit your recipient. And you don’t have to help every needy person or cause that you are presented with. We’ll talk more about that later.

And You’re Not a Christian
I'm aware also that a number of you reading this blog will not be a Christian or for that matter even believe in God. My blog is not just about missions. It’s about doing good – acts of service that most of us can actually find great joy practising.

Giving and Receiving
I've spent some years working in missions and have been enriched by the practice of giving of my time to helping others. In the next few weeks I will share some of the joys and enriching experiences I've had while also sharing other people’s experiences and satisfaction in giving. I've also been on the receiving end of generosity and have been blessed and persuaded to pay it forward by the kindness and generosity of those who care.


So if you’re interested in what I have to say about giving or if you want to comment on what I post why not subscribe to a notification email.

No comments:

Post a Comment